Below is our first employee-inspired recipe published on our Blog! We’ve decided to highlight employee recipes for several reasons. First of all, we have tons of great chefs working within our 13 stores and this will provide a great venue for them to disseminate the knowledge they have accumulated over the years. Secondly, Woodman’s is a locally operated grocery store which enjoys serving the communities it exists in. Therefore providing recipes from Hollywood stars, Celebrity TV chefs, or Book Authors didn’t feel right. Lastly, we are a 100% Employee Owned company, so enabling the owners of the business to tell you about their favorite recipes seemed like an excellent idea!
We hope you enjoy this recipe… and all the future recipes to come!
*Please be away of any allergens in the recipe by reading through the ingredient list before preparing. Woodman’s is not responsible for any allergic reaction to any ingredients in posted recipes.
- 1 bag of frozen Gold n Plump Chicken Strips(thawed)
- 1 cup Holland House cooking sherry
- 2 cans Shurfine cream of chicken soup (Low Sodium Campbells is an option as well)
- 1 bag of Crystal Farms shredded swiss (2 cups)
- 1/2 bag of original Pepperidge Farm Stuffing mix
- 1 stick of melted butter (Unsalted is an option as well)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Lay thawed chicken in a large glass baking dish.
- Pour sherry over the chicken.
- With a spoon, scatter dollop’s of the soup all over the top.
- Sprinkle the whole bag of cheese over top of the soup layer.
- Next scatter half of the bag of stuffing mix over the cheese layer until it is covered completely and evenly.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the stuffing mix evenly until gone.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour. Uncover for the last 10 minutes of baking to allow the stuffing to crisp.
Makes roughly 6 servings.
*Oven Temperatures May Vary
Special thanks to Amy from our Carpentersville, IL store. She’s been a great employee for 5 1/2 years, and apparently a pretty great chef for even longer than that!
If you want to ask Amy a question, please do so in the comment fields below. We will not be providing employee emails or names, so the comment field below is your best bet to have a question answered!